Spring is a time when everything is growing, but at the same time sinus and skin allergies are starting to exasperate us.
In Macrobiotic practice, these symptoms come when you have had too much protein and animal fat. This remedy helps to detox excessive protein, animal fat and also release cholesterol. It also helps the function of the liver and gall bladder gently.
Leafy Greens and Red Radish Remedy Drink
Makes for 1 person
½ cup minced greens (kale, dandelion and collard)
1~ 2 grated red radish,
2 cups filtered/spring water
1 umeboshi plum (California organic ones can be purchases at Seed Kitchen)
1. Add minced greens in a small stainless pot over medium flame and bring to almost boil.
2. Bring the flame to low and simmer for 3~5 minutes.
3. Strain the greens* and put back the remedy to the pot on low flame and add red radish.
4. At the end add umeboshi plum and transfer to a cup.
• Use this greens left over from straining for soups or to sautée with other vegetables.
Do not boil. Have this remedy before breakfast for 7 to 10 days, take 3 days off, and then repeat for three months.
Personal counseling inquiring email to firstname.lastname@example.org