Since I was a child I was interested in various things and I felt that I was connected with animals, plants, and nature. As I grew up some of my passion and interest changed, but I have not changed love for dogs, cats, nature, and plants.
I have been living with multiple dogs and cats family for over 30 years. My passion for them is to raise them a healthy and happy life and offer them safe environments.
I have raised 15 dogs, six cats, and three service dogs so far.
I had ovarian cancer and was not able to get pregnant. After I healed ovarian cancer in 1993 with holistic ways and plant-based food. When my oldest dog, Sakura that time got arthritis and skin issues and did not get better with western medicines I found it logical to apply holistic healing and natural foods to her. She was 12 years old and we did not think she was going to walk again, but using holistic medicine and natural home-made food helped her. She started to walk again and recovered from her skin problem. When I saw her health got better, she really taught me that natural healing food and holistic modalities work for dogs too. So I started to make home-made natural food for my other dog and cat family. Sakura continued to walk and was able to enjoy her short hiking, lived till 16 years old, and passed in her sleep peacefully.
I took natural animal nutrition classes and animal behavior classes to learn about them. Also, have learned animal communication, Animal reiki and Bach Flower for animals, etc.
My dog and cat family have been eating homemade food since 1995. The food is organic, natural plant-based food (cats eat fish combinations), and they all have thrived and live a healthy happy life.
I have been practicing what I have learned for my own animal kids and my dogs have lived 12~16 years old and they have passed peacefully in their sleep.
My cats, Key-chain lived till 20 years old and Mai lived till 19 years old.
When they got old and have had health conditions, I have apply always holistic medicine and natural remedy first which most of the condition got better and change foods to be more healing foods.
I also apply animal reiki, massage, communication, moxibustion, and Bach Flower Remedy to help them during healing time to recover.
I have been offering my knowledge and experiences for rescued animals at the “A Purposeful Rescue” group as a volunteer.
I am offering Natural Animal Care, Healthy Happy Pooch Zoom class on Aug. 2, 2020.
at 8 am (Pacific time) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3706191853
at 11 am (Pacific time) Www.youtube.com/c/ChefAJ
If you missed these times, you can watch them on Youtube
This class will focus on homemade natural dog-nutritious food and treats from one of my books, Healthy Happy Pooch, to help dogs to live a healthy happy life and thrive.
I also will talk about healing modalities that help animals (not only dogs) and people.
Here the recipes I am going to demo at my Zoom class:
Homemade dog meal (for adult dog 60 lbs)
3 1/2 cup Well-cooked Bean (pinto, black beans or lentil)
1/5 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup Well-cooked Brown rice
1/2 cup squash, cubes
1/2 cup kale, chopped
6 dried shiitake mushrooms
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tsp alfalfa leaves or powder
1/2 g kelp powder
1,500 mg Vitamin C powder
1 tsp flax seeds powder
1 tsp hemp seeds powder
18 g Vegedog supplement
2 1/4 tsp nutritional yeast
250 mg Choline
500 mg Methionine
Macronutrient distribution as a percentage of calories:
Calories per kg = 1100
Calories per cup = 248
Sweet Potato Cookies
(Makes about 70 cookies using 2 1/4 inch x 1-inch cookie cutter)
1 organic sweet potato (about 12oz)
1/4 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
2 1/2 cup organic whole-wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potato, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces and steam or 15~20 minutes.
- Mash the sweet potato with a fork or potato masher and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix together whole wheat flour and applesauce into the large bowl and then add the sweet potato and blend until dough forms. Place dough on a well-floured surface and roll out until about 1/2-inch thick. Cut out shales using cookies cutter or cut dough into squares with a knife. Place cookies on an undressed backing sheet.
- Bake until crisp, 35~45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and continued cooling completely on a wire rack.
Chia Seed Pudding
(Makes 2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoon organic chia seed
1 cup purified water or 1/2 cup purified water and 1/2 cup apple juice or almond milk (if your dog has weight issues then just use purified water)
- In a bowl, add the chia seeds to the liquid, and whisk them with a fork or whisk.
- After a few minutes, you will need to whisk the gel again to make sure seeds don’t clump together at the bottom of the bowl.
- Let stand for 10~15 minutes, allowing the seeds to absorb the liquid. Now the chia seed pudding is ready.
- Let your dog lick from the spoon, or add the pudding to a meal.
Love, Sanae ❤️