Elderberry has so many benefits for us. Antioxidant activity to lower cholesterol, improve vision, boost the immune system, improve heart health and for coughs, colds, flu, bacterial and viral infections and tonsillitis. Sauce: http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-elderberry.html Affinity/ Systems affected: Lungs and liver Sauce: https://www.holistichealthherbalist.com/the-benefits-of-elderberry/
I never saw real Elderberries till we went to North Fork, California.
Since all the commercial Elderberry Tea/Syrup has sugar and I did not find dried Elderberries in any stores. Thanks for Linda in North Fork to gave me her Elderberries two years ago first time so I could make it my own. She also told me how to make it too.
When I first tasted it I felt so healing earthy taste and I could tell my cough will be gone very quickly.
It is delicious and simple to make it. If you like you can add rice syrup and is made with dried elderberries, herbs and spices.
It is super immune-boosting.
Let’s make Elderberry tea! You can purchase them
You can purchase dried Elderberries from
Recipe for Simple Elderberry Tea
- 16 ounces of filtered water (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons dried elderberries
- 1 tsp rice syrup or maple syrup (optional)
- First, put the water and elderberries into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20~30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 3~6 hours. This helps bring out the beneficial properties of the elderberries.
- Finally, strain through a fine mesh strainer and heat it up and pour into individual mugs.
- If you want to have sweetener then add rice syrup or maple syrup.
Hope you enjoy homemade elderberry tea!
Love, Sanae 💖