Happy pumpkin season to all of you!
Here are the Pumpkin Benefits for you:
- Good for eyesight: Pumpkin is high in beta carotene and contains vitamin A, which is good for our eyes.
- Helps weight loss: Pumpkin is high in fiber and low in calories, so we can get a full feeling with fewer calories.
- Supports the heart: Pumpkin seeds help reduce LDL, or bad cholesterol.
- Protects the skin: Pumpkin’s orange hue is from carotenoids, wrinkle-fighting plant pigments that help neutralize free radicals in the skin.
- Mood booster: Pumpkin seeds are rich in the amino acid L-tryptophan, a compound that improves mood naturally and may even be effective against depression.
MILLET with KABOCHA (Japanese Hard Squash)
This is one of my favorite recipes for this season. It is easy to make and very delicious!
1 cup millet
3 to 4 cups purified water
1 cups Kabocha, diced
1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt or 1″ square kombu sea vegetable
roasted pumpkin seeds as you like
① Wash the millet and lightly dry roast the washed millet in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until it smells toasty.
② Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium- high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add millet, kabocha and sea salt, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
③ Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds as garnish.
Hope you try it.